Leadership Skills for Supervisors
Supervisors are the crucial interface between the employee on the shop floor or the service desk and the managers of the organisation. Although they often have more technical experience than the employees they supervise, some may not have a lot of leadership experience. This course will provide the skills in communication, coaching and managing conflict that are necessary for success.
Supervisors represent an important force in the economy. You have the power to turn on or turn off the productivity of the people who report to you. You are the crucial interface between the employee on the shop floor or the service desk and the managers of the organization. Although you usually have more technical experience than the employees you supervise, you may not have had a lot of leadership experience. This course will give you the skills in communication, coaching, and conflict that you need to be successful.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Learn ways to prioritize, plan, and manage your time.
- Identify your primary leadership style.
- Develop some flexibility to use other leadership styles.
- Determine ways you can meet the needs of employees and co-workers through communication and coaching.
- Explore ways to make conflict a powerful force for creative, well-rounded solutions to problems.
For the remainder of 2022 fees are reduced from $1800.00 to $1500.00. This includes all course material, and students may pay in 2 installments.