Coaching and Mentoring
The terms coaching and mentoring are often used interchangeably. A mentor is someone who shares their wisdom and can facilitate action that has a positive effect on our careers and lives. Coaching is a conversation that helps people develop their skills, achieve success, and reach their goals.
Coach, Mentor, Role Model, Supporter, Guide… do these words ring a bell? Being a coach involves being able to draw from several disciplines. Coaching is based on a partnership that involves giving both support and challenging opportunities to employees. Mentorship is a related skill that is often a part of coaching. It’s about being a guide, offering wisdom and advice when it is needed.
Knowing how and when to coach (and when to use other tools, like mentoring) is an essential skill that can benefit both you and your organization.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how coaching can be used to develop your team.
- Develop the coaching skills that help improve individual performance.
- Demonstrate the behaviors and practices of an effective coach.
- Recognize employees’ strengths and give them the feedback they need to succeed.
- Identify employee problems and ways you can help to correct them.
For the remainder of 2022 fees are reduced from $1800.00 to $1500.00. This includes all course material, and students may pay in 2 installments.